25 Blog traffic tips
There are plenty of ways out there to get traffic for your blog, As a blogger you can get some decent amount of traffic by either the way of direct visits or referring sites in the beginning stage by various activities, Though if you want to get more traffic, You need to make your blog as more search engine friendly, So that you can get flow of traffic from search engines by organic methods.
How to get more blog traffic?, Today I am going to discuss with you that I have asked this Question on Linked in, Some experts replied here with their own experience or their suggestions to get more blog traffic, One unique thing I have noticed from these tips are “make your blog as search engine friendly”, that pour flow of traffic.
Well you need to remember a blog is just a website and so it does not really differ in SEO and the ways to drive more traffic from any other website.
1. need to make sure that the content is good and so whatever the blog is about you need to firstly be very knowledgeable on the subject so that people will want to read what you have to say, and secondly you will need to be passionate about the blog and what you are writing so that you update it each day. If you are not passionate then your enthusiasm will die and your blog will sink faster than the titanic.
2. Then you need to check all the basic SEO aspects on page wise, such as good title tags, good link structure etc.
3. Then you need to start link building for your blog and perhaps teaming up with other blogs to exchange traffic between you and other related sites. Article marketing is a good option as well to help pull in some more traffic especially if you write good articles based around topics you feature on your blog.
All in all it’s not complicated but it does require hard work, time and most importantly passion for any blog to succeed.
Healthy Relationship with Readers brings us huge Traffic:
It is not a technical aspect, but a healthy and strong relationship with our loyal reader brings us repeated visitors to our blog. How to make a strong relationship?
4. Re tweeting their tweets.
5. Loyal reply to their comments.
6. Giving suggestion to them to improve their blog/site.
7. Supporting them, if they participating any blogging contest.
8. Exchanging guest blogs
9. Be their friend on all social network (like Facebook,Twitter, Myspace….etc)
10. There are a number of ways of which the most important ones I think are to choose SEO friendly Title tags, and proper linking of your blog to your main domain or a domain that already gets a lot of traffic.
11. get more traffic, your Blog should be very crisp, informative, and pictorial. No use of writing long stories. Illustrate with simple poems, pictures, quotes, you and your blog should flourish. Good Luck, for more traffic.
Here are some innovative traffic tips, which will help you in promoting a blog, and increasing hits –
12. When you send mails to friends and co-workers, put your… see more website’s/blog’s URL after the closing salutation. The moment that person will read your mail he will notice the URL and click on it and if your website is really interesting and insightful the person will congratulate you as well as ask others to read your blog. Putting the website’s URL as a customized message, which gets displayed in your Google Talk or Yahoo or company’s internal messenger. Whenever you are online, the blog URL will get displayed and people in your friend’s list will click it out of curiosity and if they find it interesting rest will be history. There are Blog search engines where you can search blogs on the topics, which can be of interest to you. Search such blogs, read articles; if you like the articles comment on them and in that comment also put the URL of your website. Next time the person on whose blog you have commented, will read your comment he or she will definitely visit your website. These tips are not as efficient and accurate as Search Engine Optimization but they work that’s for sure. The more your website gets visibility and traffic; automatically it will gain visibility in search engines also. Also, don’t forget to add the Google Meta Tag for indexing from the Google Webmaster tools. Get listed with Blog directories. I am a starter in the world of blogging but I have compiled some tips, which might be useful to you in making your blog a successful one as well as improve it. Here you go,
13. Research other Blogs – When you want to start a blog on a topic/product/service/experience, it is highly recommended that you first research similar blogs on the Internet; this will give you an idea, what popular blogs have in them, why people come back on these blogs, how they are written, style etc. Please don’t think that this is plagiarism, this is inspiration; it is not a bad thing to learn from a successful blog.
14. Clarity – Be very clear what you want to write and how do you want to write posts on your blog. If you are creating a blog to give your views on a topic/product/service/experience then stick to that, in this kind of blog you can also have news and give your own views on that. This help, but give credit to the source from where the news was taken.
15. Layout/Design – The layout/design of your blog should mirror your interests or it should match with the total theme of the blog. Initially managing this will be problem, but once you get familiar with templates, it will be a cake walk.
16. Credits – When you start your blog, you will obviously take articles or insights or nuggets of information from other websites/blogs, give proper credits. This helps your in building credibility in the Blog sphere.
17. Tracking – If you have a blog don’t you think that somebody should keep a track of visitors/keyword for you? Don’t worry, just register your blog with Feed Burner or Google Analytics, they will do the rest for you. Just follow the instructions they give you and your blog is ready to be tracked.
18. Blog Indexing – Do not forget to index your blog with Google or Yahoo’s Webmaster service. It is free and once again their simple tutorial will help you in indexing your site. Indexing will primarily help your blog to come in search results of these search engines.
19. RSS Feeds – Once your blog is up and running, use Feed Burner to create feeds for your blog. This will help other people to subscribe to your blog in a reader or through their mail. SEO is the best way to promote a website/blog and increase visibility and hits, but that needs some time and expertise. Also have a twitter and Facebook page for your blog and update it regularly with not only stories from your own blog but also from other interesting resources. Remember, Create, Engage, Educate and Share.
20. One of the best ways to get incoming traffic to your blog is through search engine traffic. The more posts you publish, the more likely you will get search traffic. However, volume isn’t enough; you want to make sure that each blog post is optimized for search engines to get the best chance of exposure. Here are some top tips for optimizing each post:
21. Do a bit of keyword research before you write your blog post to see what people are searching for. You can use Google’s free keyword research tool for this. Make sure that you pick low volume, low competition keywords (the so-called “long tail” keywords).
22. Include the keywords you chose in your blog content a few times.
23. Include the primary keyword of the article in the title tag, and if possible and relevant, in the title of the blog article.
24. Try to include an image in the post, and make sure you use your keyword in the alt tag of the image.
25. Remember, the most important thing you must do to earn search engine traffic to your blog is write content. More posts equals more opportunities to rank.
I know there are many ways out there to get more traffic, If have any blog traffic tips, Your suggestions are welcome.