Best 10 Tips to Manage Your Blog’s Facebook Page Effectively
This post is a part of our $500 Guest Blogging contest, If you’d like to participate, check the guidelines here.
Facebook plays a huge roll in marketing your blog and you’ll only find “like” button (there is no “dislike” button yet!). Facebook and Twitter are the two different types of Social networks, where you can increase your fans and followers. Twitter is as far as a junk of links now a day, but if you manage Facebook Fans effectively, then it will act itself as network marketing for you.
Facebook Fan Page
Here I am going to tell you the 10 tips of Facebook Fan Page managing skills, which worked well for my Fan Page. Some of you may disagree but that’s ok.
- 1. Don’t create many Fan pages, which will lead your managing fans and other skills to very low quality. In Facebook, Quality is needed, not quantity.
- 2. Yes, it is easy to provide your Facebook fans daily updates of your Blogs. But don’t overload your Facebook Fan Page by filling it with your RSS feeds directly. There are many RSS Apps available in Facebook to fill your fan page with your blog’s RSS, such as Social RSS and RSS Graffiti. You should use these services effectively and not to overload.
- 3. How to use RSS feeds effectively? Simple. Don’t fill all your blog posts to the page. Select any of interesting categories of your blog. Find out the RSS feed of the same category and use it in your Facebook Fan Page’s RSS application. Your Blog’s RSS feed for categories will look like this: http://www.example.com/?cat=42&feed=rss2 or http://example.com/category/categoryname/feed.
- 4. You can create any TAGs in your blog; only for your Facebook Fan page purpose and you can select this TAG the targeted post to be shown in Facebook Fan Page. I use this method, and created a TAG named as Fanpage. I have submitted the RSS feed of the “Fanpage” TAG in RSS Graffiti application for Facebook. Your Blog’s RSS feed for TAGs will look like this: http://example.com/tag/tagname/feed or http://www.example.com/?tag=tagname&feed=rss2
- 5. Interact with your Facebook Fans. You should not leave your Facebook Fan Page, once after creating it. You should comment back, when you find any comments on your page. If any of your Facebook Fan comes with a query or question, you should be able to answer politely, which will make a long lasting impression with your fans. Try to solve their problems by manually searching for the solution in web or by asking your other blogging friends.
- 6. It is well and good to post links to your Facebook Fan Page. You can select any interesting links from your blog and post it to your Facebook Fan Page. Don’t post links continuously, which will annoy your Fans and they might hide all status updates from your particular Fan Page or they might “Unlike” your Page.
- 7. Design matters. Try to make your Facebook Fan Page attractive and it is well and good if you create a separate landing page for the first time visitors and it should be very convincing to Facebook users to “like” your page “above”. You can create your own image to convince the Facebook users or if you are ready to spend some penny from your wallet, then there are many social media companies are available to make your Facebook Fan Page attractive.
- 8. Complete the information and profile of your Facebook Fan Page. Don’t leave any line. If you share all your “real” info with your fans, then they will trust you forever and they will bring their friends too.
- 9. Visit to your Facebook Fan Page regularly and interact with your fans. Ask any interesting questions, ask feedbacks and appreciate their help or feedback. Be human with your fans, don’t act as a just a logo. You can’t wait for the conversation to come to you. You have to put yourself into the middle of it.
- 10. If your Facebook Fan page is having many fans, then you should make some rules to be followed by your fans and you should post it in your page’s sidebar. If you allow your fans to post links or articles on your page then you should monitor each links or posts, which are following your guidelines or not. Don’t give spammers any chance to spoil you Fan Page and your Image too.
If you use any other ways apart from this to manage Facebook fan page, do let me share in the form of comment.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
First Hosing | Host Brains | TechBU
Swift Themes | Social Media Agency | Tech Freak Stuff